April 13, 2010

Let's get started

Confession time.

I opened for business 9 weeks ago. In that time, I've pretty much ignored this blog, as I've been secretly terrified nervous about what to write. I didn't think it was a big deal, since I figured no one knew my business existed, so no one would be looking at my website. Right? RIGHT? Wrong. I'm totally embarrassed, as I got an email from someone today (hi, Bridget!) who had been perusing the mess that is this blog. I vowed that today would be the day that I'd get this show on the road!

So let's start off by telling you a little bit about me, mmmmmmmmmkay? It's always more fun that way, right?

My name is Christy, and I am a stay-at-home mom to 4 (yes, FOUR) sons. Oh, did I mention that the oldest is seven? Yeah, I've seriously got my hands full. I love photography and gardening. I'm not a great sewer. But I am working on that. It's just that, seriously, what's a girl supposed to sew when she has 4 sons?

I went into the fabric biz because my sister talked me into it, sort of. She's got her own fabric business on eBay. We talked about me doing it as well, which got the wheels in my head turning. Seriously, these were among my first thoughts: "Ooh, what a great idea. I bet we could figure out some way to write off a trip to Disney World someday." Yes, seriously, that's what I thought. I have since learned that my idea was dumb (unless Quilt Market comes to Orlando--come on Orlando!). Anyway, Disney World aside, I'm really happy that I decided to go ahead and open shop!

Anyway, I'm not a girly-girl to begin with, and when you add on all the sports, weapons and dirt, you can certainly see that "pretty" isn't a word used much in my house. But I'm working on changing that, as the fabric down in my workroom is nothing short of bee-yoo-tee-ful! Love it!

See?

Amy Butler's LOTUS
Photobucket

More LOTUS, different color palette
Photobucket

Heather Bailey's POP GARDEN and BIJOUX
Photobucket

Amy Butler's LOVE charm packs (I'm looking to get bolts of fabric in the near future)
Photobucket

Amy Butler's DAISY CHAIN
Photobucket

And literally, as in 2 minutes ago, I got a knock on the door, and the Fed Ex man handed me these:
Photobucket

YAY! I made the handbag a few months ago. It is DARLING. We'll talk about that one on another day.

Anyway, please check back often, or better yet, add this blog to your reader. I'll be writing about sewing projects, new fabric, pretty things (and surely I'll be writing about non-pretty, boy things every so often), and random stuff. And of course I'll have giveaways! Who doesn't love a good giveaway? Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment